2002 Ph.D., Control theory and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
1989 M.S., M.S. Applied Mathematics, Xidian University, Xi’an, China
1984 B.S., Mathematics, Henan Normal University, Xinxiang, China.
- 2003 – present Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
- 2002 – 2004 Post-doctor, School of Electronic and Information Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
- 1996 – 1998 Associate Professor, Department of Applied Mathematics, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
- 1994 – 1996 Lecturer, Department of Applied Mathematics, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou, China
- 1990 – 1994 Lecturer, Department of Applied Mathematics, Xi’an University of Technology, Xi’an, China
- 2015—2017 Visiting Researcher, Beacon Center for the Study of Evolution in Action, Michigan State of University, USA
- 2009 – 2009 Visiting Professor, Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- 2007 – 2007 Visiting Researcher, Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- 2006 – 2006 Visiting Researcher, Faculty of Engineering, University of Nottingham, UK
- 11th International Conference on Simulated Evolution And Learning(SEAL2017) BEST PAPER AWARD
- 2005 IEEE International Workshop on VLSI Design and Video Technology BEST PAPER AWARD
Hai-Lin Liu, Lei Chen, K. Deb and E. Goodman, "Investigating the Effect of Imbalance between Convergence and Diversity in Evolutionary Multiobjective Algorithms. IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation 21.3 (2017): 408-425.
Lei Chen, Hai-Lin Liu, Zun Fan, Shengli. Xie, and E. Goodman. Modeling the Tracking Area Planning Problem Using an Evolutionary Multi-Objective Algorithm. IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, 12(1), 29-41, 2017.
Hai-Lin Liu, Lei Chen, Q. Zhang, and K. Deb, "Adaptively Allocating Search Effort in Challenging Many-Objective Optimization Problems". IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 2017
Chaoda Peng, Hai-Lin Liu, and Fangqing Gu, "A novel constraint-handling technique based on dynamic weights for constrained optimization problems". Soft Computing, 2017.
Fangqing Gu, Hai-Lin Liu, Yiu-ming Cheung, Shengli Xie, Optimal WCDMA network planning by multiobjective evolutionary algorithm with problem-specific genetic operation. Knowledge and Information Systems, 2015，45：679-703.
Fangqing Gu, Hai-Lin Liu, Kay Chen Tan, A hybrid evolutionary multiobjective optimization algorithm with adaptive multi-fitness assignment. Softcomputing, 2015, 19 (11) :3249-3259.
Junjie Yang and Hai-Lin Liu. Blind identification of the underdetermined mixing matrix based on K-weighted hyperline clustering. Neurocomputing, Vol.149, 483–489, 2015.
Hai-Lin Liu, Fang Gu and Qingfu Zhang, Decomposition of a Multiobjective Optimization Problem into a Number of Simple Multiobjective Subproblems, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 18(3), pp. 450-455, 2014.
Hai-Lin Liu, Fangqing Gu, Yiu-ming Cheung, Shengli Xie and Jun Zhang, On Solving WCDMA Network Planning Using Iterative Power Control Scheme and Evolutionary Multiobjective Algorithm, IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, 9(1). Pp.44-52, 2014.
Jiechang Wen, Hai-Lin Liu, Suxian Zhang, Mingqing Xiao, A New Fuzzy K-EVD Orthogonal Complement Space Clustering Method, Neural Computing and Applications, 2014, 24 (1): 147-154.
Lei Chen, Hai-Lin Liu, A Region Decomposition-Based Multi-objective Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, 2014.
Hai-Lin Liu and Qiang Wang, A Resource Allocation Evolutionary Algorithm for OFDM Based on Karush-Kuhn-Tucker Conditions, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2013.
Lei Chen and Hai-Lin Liu*, An Evolutionary Algorithm Based on the Four-Color Theorem for Location Area Planning, Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2013.
Fangqing Gu, Hai-Lin Liu and Kay Chen Tan, A Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithm Using Dynamic Weight Design Method, International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol.8, No.5, pp.3677-3688, 2012.